Allan wants to build a better world one organisation at a time. He also does volunteer work with refugees helping them develop English language skills. He has delivered a leadership development program for an NGO in Siem Reap Cambodia and with a network of family and friends raised money to fund the program. He is a high level strategic thinker whose focus is on helping organisations and individuals create their desired futures.
SPECIAL PROJECT EXPERIENCE
- Worked with a large metropolitan council to design and implement an organisation wide people strategy
- Undertaken performance management system design projects in a Chinese joint venture
- Worked with a large metropolitan council to re-design their performance management system to give greater focus and simplicity for managers to use
- Worked on the merger of an iconic Australian organisation involved in a global merger
- Designed and delivered programs to enhance leadership capacity in Australian and international organisations.
- Master of Management
- Master in Educational Policy and Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Administration
- Bachelor of Arts (History and Politics majors)
- Diploma in Education.
- Accredited in the use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and William Bridges Transition Management.
Allan Preiss is an experienced human resources consultant and educator. His experience spans more than 30 years in private and public sector organisations including KPMG, Monash University and State Departments of Education and Health and Community Services. He has undertaken consulting assignments in Australia and overseas and has designed and delivered leadership development programs locally and internationally. He is equally comfortable working at the organisational or individual level. To this he brings a blend of experience and theory and a rigorous and analytical approach to working with his clients.
Having worked as a senior manager as well as a consultant Allan fully understands the challenges associated with implementing even the most elegant of plans. His approach is pragmatic and recognises the increasing demands on executives in all organisations.
He also has extensive experience as a speaker and presenter at external conferences and seminars, especially on a wide range of change, leadership and performance management issues. Allan presented at the first world congress of the Society for Organisational Learning in Helsinki. Frequently quoted in newspaper articles, Allan also had a two year stint as a co-presenter of a monthly bi-lingual radio program on 3ZZZ.
Allan has tutored at Monash University in the Faculty of Management and has also coached athletes who have competed and local, national and international levels.